At Rosewood on the Sound, we are all about people. We are a family owned and operated senior day care service that takes great pride in caring for your elderly loved ones in a warm, inviting, and comfortable home-like environment. Our staff has the training and experience to cater to your loved one and provide the highest level of service. We take pride in our reputation as one of the best elderly day care centers in Bayville, NY, and we hope you’ll give us a chance to show you why!
What Is Senior Day Care?
Senior Day Care is an excellent resource for older adults who need assistance or supervision, either because they have serious health issues or because they are frail. These services offer relief to family members and caregivers.
Some of the services senior day care centers like Rosewood on the Sound provide include:
- Companionship and socialization
- Meal preparation and delivery
- Household chores and pet care
- Assistance with medication management
- Personal grooming assistance
- Mobility assistance
- Medication management
Rosewood on the Sound is here to help your loved one achieve the best possible outcomes for their health and wellness. Our staff will work with you, your loved one, and your healthcare providers to help you both achieve your goals. That way, your aging loved one can live an independent life in the comfort of their own home or among other seniors.
The Benefits of Senior Day Care
Senior day care is a great alternative for seniors who want to stay independent and live in their own homes. It’s also a valuable resource for families who want to help their older relatives but can’t be there 24/7.
Senior day care services can help with:
- Reduced mobility after an injury or illness
- Memory loss or confusion that makes it hard to get around independently
- Social isolation, especially if your loved one is not close to family members or friends who could stop by regularly
- Mental health issues, e.g., depression, anxiety, phobias, etc.
- Sleep issues – senior day care exercises and social activities lead to an enhanced sleep quality
Features and Amenities
Rosewood on the Sound provides a comprehensive service for senior day care. We offer a wide variety of services to help ensure your loved one receives the best possible care.
Senior day care at Rosewood on the Sound has several excellent features, including:
- Counseling for improved mental health
- Health screening, medication management, and continence management
- Meals and nutrition (three healthy meals plus snacks)
- On-site exercise and physical
- On-site recreation activities, e.g., arts and crafts, bingo, games, music, movies, and theater trips
- Respite care (for family members or caregivers)
- Socialization with other seniors in the community, including day trips
- Supervision to ensure safety while your loved one is away from home; staff members will stay with them throughout the day if needed
We also offer transportation services to ensure that there are no barriers to accessing our services.
Overall, adult day care involves the following care protocols:
- Adult day health care (intensive health services)
- Adult social day care (meals, social activities, and recreation)
These senior day care services help seniors lead healthier lives and get involved with their community at a similar stage in life.
Costs and Insurance Coverage
We know that the cost of senior day care can be a significant burden on families, but we also know that it’s an expense that most families don’t want to give up. That’s why we work with you and your insurance company to find out what services you need and how much they’ll pay for them.
We’ll help you figure out what kind of care will work best for your loved ones so they can live a happy, fulfilling life at home while still receiving the medical attention they need. Our services start from $120 daily and are available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.