Welcome to Rosewood on the Sound!
We are a family-owned and operated business, proud of the quality of care we deliver. Through our carefully planned transition of Jones Manor on the Sound to the new Rosewood brand, it has been our goal to bring existing and new residents a beautifully refurbished facility that remains affordable, satisfies discerning tastes and is accessible to SSI consumers. Physical changes have included new air conditioning, flooring, ceilings, window treatments and lighting fixtures throughout the building, in addition to new landscaping and interior upgrades that include furniture, artwork and flower arrangements in all the communal spaces. We encourage you to visit the photo gallery in the menu above. You can also view the broad range of activities and chef-prepared menus we’ve developed together by visiting our “Bulletin Board”.
Our new focus on hospitality is central to the Rosewood approach because we believe that no assisted living community is successful unless every client feels safe, unique and valued. In short, assisted living should be about much more than assistance. Hiring and retaining caring professionals is one of the ways we achieve our hospitality goals, though we also encourage suggestions from residents about how they would like to spend their day, what they would like to learn, what they would like to eat and what would make them more comfortable. Full-time and short-term (respite) residential care options are available at Rosewood on the Sound, as are day care options. Whichever mode of care is the best fit for you or your loved one, a rich suite of services and amenities accompany the supportive care we offer. We are ready to listen to your goals for healthy living and discuss how we can work with your healthcare providers to achieve the best outcomes. We encourage you to learn more by reading our brochure, perusing our website, calling, writing or scheduling a tour with our Administrator, Christina Cawley. She is patient, attentive and always ready to help with a warm smile. Our seniors and their families love working with her.
One of us is on-site nearly every day in order to ensure a smooth operation, improved service and accessibility to the entire community, so please do not hesitate to stop by and ask questions or say hello. We are always happy and available to chat.
The amenities listed here are available to both residential and day care community members of Rosewood on the Sound. More details on care options and the recreational program can be accessed in the menu above. To learn more about the Oyster Bay area, we’ve provided some links below:
We look forward to meeting you!
Co-Owners and Co-Executive Directors
- Dining over chef-prepared meals while enjoying an unobstructed view of the sound
- Outdoor dining in the warmer months on a deck with umbrellas for shade
- Frequently scheduled afternoon teas
- In-house beauty salon
- Wifi throughout the entire building
- Group classes and one-on-one assistance that helps residents surf the web and stay connected with family and friends
- A full schedule of cultural, recreational and fitness activities designed after residents’ own desires
- Trained staff that can arrange transportation for shopping trips, social outings and doctor visits
- Over an acre of bucolic parkland where residents can enjoy leisurely walks and picnics with their families on-site
- Flat screen TVs in each room
- Marble shower rooms with an air-jet spa-bath